Every company has something that is unique and sets them apart from the competition. Here at Barbour Heating & Air, we pride ourselves on being different. We don’t microwave, we bake. We take our time and do things right the first time.
“He was readily available at all times until the job was complete!”- Maple Grove Apartments
“I will definitely use them in the future. The prices were great. He was incredibly knowledgeable and knew all about my crazy heating system. He diagnosed the problem really quickly and fixed it with no problems.”- Kelly D.
“Managed to get us running same day even without new part, and timely repaired once new part arrived!”- Roxanne C.
“Thank you for your quick knowledgeable service.”- Elvira K.
“It was overall a great decision to go with Barbour Heating and Cooling.”- Satisfied Customer
“Very polite and efficient, making sure everything was in working condition before he left and answering all my questions.”- Tonia H.
- Most people tend to think that bigger is better. Nothing could be further from the truth when talking about your heating and cooling system. Proper sizing of your HVAC system ensures supreme comfort. When it comes to heating your home, you do not want to do what is called surface heat. Surface heat is when the furnace comes on and only runs for a couple of minutes and then it turns off. What you want to happen is for the furnace to run for several minutes or so to remove the coldness from the furniture, walls, etc. On the cooling side of things, you want the air conditioning system to run for longer cycles to remove humidity from the home.
- With induction of new freon, R410A (which takes the place of the old R22) you can no longer just change to outside unit; the complete air conditioning system has to be changed (A-coil in the furnace and line set). Unfortunately, some companies take the cheap route by trying to flush the old-line set so they can save a couple of dollars by not changing it out. On every A/C we install, we change the line set whenever possible. There are a few rare occasions where you just can’t, but other than that, we always change them.
- We also solder with nitrogen charge in the line set to ensure that no dirt or particles are in the refrigeration system.
- We recommend that every home has a 2-stage high efficiency furnace. Here’s why. A furnace is designed to be able to warm your home on the coldest days of the year. However, on the not-so-cold days your furnace is wasting all that fuel. It is only that cold a few days out of the year. On the rest of the days, you don’t need all of that heating power. A 2-stage furnace has the ability to work on a lower speed saving you all of that energy. When we have a bitter cold day or week, the 2-stage furnace has the ability to switch to a high speed. Only when you need it!!
- We pride ourselves on our work and stand behind what we do! We put our heart and soul into our systems. Contact us today and experience the Barbour Heating & Air difference. You will be glad you did!!